KMM:

Long overdue. Your average road cyclist has tons more telemetry available, with interesting apps to analyze the whole lot. I imagine the impediment has been the legal implication, not only for the manufacturer but also the driver.

A part of it, yes. Let's talk launch control: So complicated to activate (in my opinion). It would be very easy to make the whole LC process simpler. However, they cannot...for legal reasons. The lawyers always look at the competition and they all try to stay at the same "level", so if something happens, they can argue that the competition uses a similar system. Smiley

Another problem is how much information you actually want to give the customer: Is it helpful if a customer can look at the rear diff temperature? Or at the current (real) power level? Wouldn't people start to argue why one temperature is lower or higher and why one engine has more or less power? In the age of the internet, I can understand how this can be a problem.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)