turbolite:

Is that a picture of the same car?  The wheels change between the pictures, leading me to believe that it may be two different cars, possibly with different power plants.  Porsche e-tron?

I guess they will habe to seriously step up performance for the Carrera S. At the pricepoint it is being sold here in Switzerland it schould at least have 450 hp! 

Just think about the recent announcements out of the VAG group. The 2.0 liter engine og Golf R and Audi S3 will be available with 370 HP (!!!) meaning  that the RS version might touch 420 HP. We Are talking 996TT power territory here!! 

So 400 HP will not cut it anymore in my opinion. Perhaps we will see a bifurcation like a smaller turbo base version and an aspirated on the top. Or maybe both go down the downsizing and turbo path. But something has to happen....

You are of course right, but to me, the hp figure isn't the most important. 400 or 450 hp... Both are nice, but the engine lacks torque. Especially low-end torque. More torque would make the car "feel" a lot quicker.  Downsized turbocharged engine should solve that problem. But it would bring a different problem. Lack of respons, revs and sound. Smiley

I'm very curious what they are gonna do with the engines....

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basaltblack metallic
2012 Audi SQ5 TDI | Lavagrey metallic