Dear all,

I have finally received my 991 GT3 last Saturday!
Because I could say things that could "hurt" you, let me introduce myself first. :)

I am 37 years old and I have a young child (1 year old). I live in Paris and I am used to do track days (twice a month) on "big" circuits (Le Mans, Magny-Cours, Dijon, Spa, Nurburgring...). 

By the past, I had several cars (Mini Cooper S, BMW 335i, BMW M3 E90, Audi R8 V8, Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari 458 Spider...). 
And I had the chance to drive great cars, both on track and road (Porsche 997 GT3RS, McLaren 12C, Nissan GT-R...).  
Today, I have a Audi SQ5 and a BMW M3 CRT (to sell). And a new car is about to come in 3 months, if God wants (Ferrari 458 Speciale). 
Since now you know everything about me, let's talk about the GT3! :)

I was one of the first to order the car, in March 2013. Because I wanted the lift option, the delivery was scheduled for November 2013. And then, the "famous" delay happened... I think you all know the story. 

First contact with the car. With leather, alcantara and carbon fiber (mostly) everywhere, the interior is beautiful. 

I had 500 km to do from my dealer to my home. Perfect to meet and discover the car. 

13897212810261.JPG

13897213360582.JPG

13897213449093.JPG

13897213536864.JPG

13897213616705.JPG

13897213710176.JPG

13897213796787.JPG

In summary, here are what I have noticed:

- Personality
The 911 has really got its own personality. Because I was waiting for Porsche to offer a real modern 911 with a "perfect" PDK (read below), I thought this 991 GT3 was perfect for me. This is my very first Porsche. And I still have a lot to learn and understand about how the 911 works. But I can feel from the very beginning that the car is very different to drive compared to the other ones I had.

- Suspension
I was surprised... Because it is not the RS model and because all the press said it can be a daily car, I expected a "comfortable" car, like a R8. But it is not. It is firmer. Nothing bad but it is not as supple as I thought. And the "sport" suspension mode is, of course, firmer. Anyway, after 500 km of travel, my asses had nothing to complain. :)
It is not the case with a 458...

- Direction / Steering wheel
Impossible to notice that it is electric! The direction has real weight, and seems to be precise enough.
The direction is not as direct as a 458. I have to switch my habits...

- PDK
OK, it works well. I hated the previous PDK (I drove a 997 Turbo S). And I think the new PDK is just okay in the 991 Carrera 4S. In this GT3, the PDK does the job. It is not as good as the 458 one but I think I need to drive more, to try the Sport mode and in the high revs.

- Engine
Because the car is brand new, I drove very carefully and smoothly. 5.000 rpm max. I found the car "ordinary". Nothing exceptional. And then, something happened when I pressed the accelerator stronger... From 5 to 7.000 mrpm (I did not try higher yet), the acceleration feel is incredible! As the engine sound!! And then I remembered that it is an atmospheric engine, all the power is in the high revs!

- Sound
Like I said, the 911 has its own personality. And the engine sound is part of it. It is different from what I knew until now. I did not try the high revs so I think I will be back on that point later.

- Brakes
I did not order the PCCB option (I do lots of track days, remember? :)
But the pedal feel is extraordinary!! I can't wait to try that of circuit. Seems phenomenal!

- Chassis
I drove on wet roads, cold temperature, with Michelin Sport Cup 2. You guess: not the ideal conditions. Anyway, the GT3 was absolutely perfect. It never seemed dangerous.
You do not notice the rear wheels turning but you ask yourself how the car can be so agile on very tight corners... :)

- Options
The front lift option is mandatory! Do not forget it.
And it is a shame that you can't spec the GT3 with parking sensors (available on a 458 Speciale for instance).

First conclusions
Well, one day and 500 km of highway roads are not enough to perfectly know the car. But the first km showed me that I need to explore the high revs and to turn everything on Sport mode: the best is to come! :))