andyFE:

for me the GT3 is the more interesting car, compared to the turbo S but the unavailability of a rear view camera and of parking sensors make it much less practical than the turbo S. also, in austria (with all the crazy taxes here) a well specced GT3 runs around 200K euro and a well equipped turbo S around 235K euro: not such a big difference as in germany. on both cars i can get around 6% discount.

when will the turbo S facelift be out?

The problem with you is always that you love to brag about this and that car but you actually never seem to have driven one of these cars, even if you claim differently. There are already many different users on other (mostly German) car forums who claimed they have driven the Turbo S but actually never did (and proving it was quite simple).

I don't say you lie but even if you did a couple of km in the Turbo S and then the GT3, it wouldn't be enough. I have driven a couple of hundreds of km in the new GT3 and around 6000 km (my car has now 5600 km) in the Turbo S. Yes, I may be biased because I actually went for a Turbo S but if you read my older posts starting with post number 1 (GT3 and Turbo S threads), you will realize that my predictions were quite true and actually nothing has changed.

As to getting a GT3 RS: I would get one in a heartbeat if I could afford several fun cars at once. If I could afford a GT3 RS as well (besides my Turbo S), this would mean that I have enough money to stop working and enough money to enjoy life. Yes, then a GT3 RS would make sense because I would love to spend some quality time on the track with some friends, something I cannot afford doing now. Not necessarily because of time (yes, time is money) but because track racing takes a heavy toll on tires and brake pads and because such events, I don't go to the amateur events Smiley, usually cost a lot of money, especially when first class race car drivers are involved. Nothing is for free in life. These events also usually require 2-4 days at a row and since my wife isn't really into this stuff, I would have to leave her alone with the kids, which is impossible since she has a real life job and needs to take care of her own business.

Bottom line is: The Turbo S is for me just perfect. Like Whoopsie said, people have different preferences when driving and at my age (48), you have seen this, done that and with experience comes wisdom (and caution). The only thing I would like to see from Porsche would have been some sort of Turbo RS. A Turbo S with 100 kg less weight and 600 hp Everything else, incl. AWD and AWS, should still be there. Unfortunately Porsche will rather offer a GT2 RS, which will be a great car but no rear seats, not much comfort and forget about driving it in snow. I think Porsche is missing an opportunity here because I know there is demand for such a car but maybe not high enough to make it happen.

As to the emotional stuff: The exhaust sound of the Turbo S is almost perfect in my opinion. I just wish the exhaust would be a little bit raunchier when accelerating with less than 50% throttle. Otherwise, I have no complaints. Oh wait, I wish there would be no speed traps along my favorite routes. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)