BjoernB:

as a owner of a turbo charged 911 and a 997.2GT3RS I can clearly say that the RS / naturally aspirated engine is way more fun and exploitable than the GT2 - if you want low end torque and neck stretching speed-building - buy a turbo - if you want laser sharp handling and a big grin wringing the engines to the max rev - buy a GT3/RS - simple indecision

Not that simple anymore but I agree to some point. Maybe Porsche made a mistake (not from my point of view though): They made the GT3 more accessible to the ordinary crowd and at the same time, they added a bit of rawness (even if artificially created through AWS, new PTM/AWD and Sound Symposer) to the Turbo S. While different in character, both cars are now a lot of fun (in the past, the Turbo/S was just fast but not really an emotional car). Chris Harris pointed this out with his "this car has a soul now" comment but I guess whoever has strong feelings for the GT3 has a tough time to believe that any other Porsche product could be actually the same fun. Smiley Maybe I should compare it with Cayman owners who think that the Cayman Swould actually be the better GT3 if it had more power. Oh well... Smiley

Porsche did a wonderful job here but I'm afraid they did it too well. However, they had to: GT3/RS sales didn't go up because the car was limited to a certain customer base and same goes to the Turbo/S customer base who was usually more in their 50s/60s because the car was a fast GT but not really creating any major emotions. So they actually improved both products and now they are getting a beating for it. Smiley Interesting.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)