Gnil:

I think we are seeing the 991.2 Carrera front bumper and back lights .  The front is not aggressive enough to be the next  turbo and it looks very much like a Carrera evolution .  But is silly from P to show it on a Turbo .

The 991.2 looks again a much more intregrated front look as it was with 997.2   . Seems to be a pattern . And I like the integrated look much better .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

To save money during development, it is very possible that they use the same mules for different purposes. Maybe this was a Turbo mule and they just used the new Carrera facelift parts on it or whatever, it could be possible. I agree, if true, it may not have been the most clever idea (even if it would and did confuse the press) but on the other hand, the internet is full of rumors and stuff, so we shouldn't really take it too serious. 

I can imagine (a little bit) that the 991 Turbo/Turbo S would get the Carrera facelift design elements but I cannot imagine that an actual Turbo/Turbo S facelift is going to happen within the next 24 months. Pretty much excluded.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)