intouch1:

RC, i have the delimited Speed on my X6M and I was driving 270 km/h before the recommended break-in period was reached.

I recall having had this discussion before and I had checked with my dealer who confirmed that there was no such thing.

Maybe it is market dependant....

Could be. Neither our M3 Cab nor our X5M was "delimited" within the first 2000 km. After 2000 km, the 250 kph limit was suddenly gone. With the M3 Cab, the dealer actually told me that I need to come to the dealership and have the 280 kph limit "activated" but when I brought my car, the mechanic told me that it activates itself after 2000 km and he was right, there was no need for any activation. Fun part: I was on the Autobahn, driving 260 kph on the speedo (more wasn't possible) and passed to 2000 km being on the Autobahn and still, I wasn't able to drive faster. When I stopped at a parking lot, stopped the engine and restarted it after five minutes (had to pee...), the limit was gone. Smiley So there seems to be some sort of switch in the software which correlates to the mileage. So I wouldn't exclude it that some manufacturers actually limit the boost pressure (or even rev figure) for the first couple of miles (500, 1000 or whatever) to protect the engine/drivetrain from damage. Just a guess though, I've never read an official statement about such a thing.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)