Roger Rodas was a friend and I think that Paul Walker (hopefully) left enough money for his kid to keep everything in the green (financially). So I kind of doubt that there will be any legal actions from Walker's estate side vs the Rodas family but of course you can never be sure. At some point, we will know if Rodas was sober and/or drug free when he drove the car and at another point, we will probably also learn about the likely impact speed. 

Very sad incident but to try to blame Porsche for it is more than ridiculous. Some German magazines and news sources kind of started to focus on the "dangerous" Carrera GT with comments from so called "experts", claiming that the Carrera GT is something special...in a very negative way. 

Like you said before: The Carrera GT certainly is not a bit dangerous at the legal speeds imposed by the traffic signs Rodas must have seen and even if he didn't see them, any speed over 70 mph would have been too much. Even if the 85 percentile rule (there seems to be some weird regulation in the California law, never really understood it, maybe Nick or others could shed some light to it) would apply (which apparently it doesn't since there was not much traffic around), it wouldn't justify a speed of over 80 mph. Then again, there was a 45 mph speed limit on that street, so... enlightened

Bottom line is: Nobody knows exactly what happened but if the car was technically OK (incl. the tires), there is no way the car could be blamed for this accident. 

Judging by the low mileage of the car and the possibility that these were the original tires, it could be however possible that one of the five(?) previous owners actually damaged a tire while driving (driving over a certain kind of boardwalk would suffice) and that tire blew at some point. If this is the case, this wouldn't be the manufacturers fault.

Difficult situation but I actually think that we should hold back with speculations until the investigation is over. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)