RC:

The problem with the Macan is not the Macan Turbo or even the S. The problem with perception of the "sportiest" small SUV in it's class (or the sportscar of it's class), as claimed by various Porsche officials, will start with the introduction of the 204 hp basic Diesel Macan. Porsche can turn it how they want but the Macan Diesel will be, just like the Cayenne Diesel, just a small SUV with a Porsche badge. Yes, it will feel sportier than direct competitors and yes, it will be more expensive but the basic models are actually the problem for the brand. However, without these base models, Porsche would probably sell only 10 or 20% of the predicted sales figures.

This is a very subjective issue. I know I speak for a minority here but here it goes. I´ve been on this forum for almost 6 years and I consider myself a huge porsche fan even though I´ve never had one. For me the fact that a model is more accesible means that I could get to enjoy some of the magic sooner rather than later. So by wanting there to be a entry model that might bring the experience closer to me am I encouraging this devaluation of the brand and what it stands for? it´s a slippery slope when you think about it form where the new markets stand. For most it might be a cheaper status symbol, but for some of us it means more.