Leawood911:

They say that there was perhaps a power steering fluid leak which caused lack of grip - slippery stuff.  If that is the case then Porsche is to blame just like the crappy fittings used to contain coolant in the Gt1 blocks.  (just replaced the these leaking fittings in my Turbo before they caused me to crash!)  Shame on Porsche if that is the case.  I was very disappointed to see how Porsche make the original fittings!  It seems modern Porsches are made to last the life of the warranty - after that they don't seem to care.  Talk about hurting resale value of these 'new' Porsches.

You know that the coolant ducts/fittings are part of the maintenance schedule, so it isn't Porsche fault if many repair shops just don't do the maintenance right?!

The Carrera GT owned by Roger Rodas had six owners as far as I read. Given the fact that the CGT isn't cheap to maintain properly, maybe one of the owners wanted to save a buck or two and...or the repair shop doing the maintenance just missed a thing or two if they were not authorized. I know a guy who owns a private repair shop in Germany and he also drives several Porsche. He maintains his Porsche cars at his repair shop, despite the fact that he doesn't really have the proper tools or knowledge. Just saying...

Sorry to hear about your accident. I was hit by a drunken driver over 29 years ago, my car flipped over (roof) and slid around 100 meters on the roof towards the oncoming traffic (no kidding). I was wearing a seatbelt (it saved my life, I had three broken ribs from the seatbelt) but the car started to burn in the front and a police officer cut me out. Luckily the fire was very small and got extinguished fast, the car didn't really burn. I was actually lucky that my car flipped due to the impact. The drunken driver hit me at a speed of around 90-100 kph, he passed through a red light and hit my right fender (I was coming from his left at a speed of 60 kph). If my car wouldn't have flipped, thus reducing impact energy, I probably would be dead now.

@Suzy: My condolences, I had actually overseen this part of your post. So sorry about that. Smiley I can imagine how you feel when you read about accidents. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)