sfo:
Gnil:
throt:

Hi Nick, 

I had put down my first deposit on August 21st and was waiting for the 2nd call to finalise my spec which would have put me at the stage of a definite allocation. However, Sunday I phoned my dealership to find out how the allocations were going having heard that the GT3 had been deposited very heavily by potential buyers. Today I found out that I was one of the unlucky ones without a allocation and that they have put me on the cancellation list, to which I am next in line if a cancellation occurs, which in all probability won't happen. When I put the deposit down I was told I would be looking at (around) a May delivery, so still sounds all a bit strange to me. Gutted to say the least but what can I do.

All the best...

I am sorry to hear this bad news . It sounds to me that your dealer did give your allocation to another customer that must of been more insisting then you . I would get back to him and push him hard to find a solution Smiley

try another dealer?

I have. Phoned Porsche Cardiff and I was told they stopped taking deposits in March due to high volume interest. Porsche Chester have informed there unlucky depositors last week but they still put me on a cancellation list making me 4th on it..I am happy with the dealership I'm with and you never know, someone might pull out of there allocation.

Its been a learning curve buying a Porsche GT.

--

throt

"I couldn't do it"