RC:
shaunt:

Not my place to critique his driving but he spent more time with one hand off the wheel than he did with two hands on. Also was a bit liberal throwing the car around, but who cares... Car is freaking fast. 

Are you guys seeing something else than I do? That was freakin' fast and the fact that HvS looks that relaxed is simple: He knows the Hockenheim track very well, he could drive it blind. Smiley I didn't see any throwing or sliding, not sure what everybody is referring to. He was surely driving the car almost at the limit but it may not look that way because he drives a clean line (yes, he does).

Speaking of Marc Lieb (not Leib Smiley): He is a factory driver and not necessarily the fastest one, depending on the car and track. If you guys compare this video to the 918 video on the Nordschleife, that video has been professionally edited, the Sport Auto video hasn't.

Just give HvS a break, he did a great job and the GT3 is really fast.

With all due respect I think you took my post to be more inflammatory than I intended it to be. HvS is much more qualified than I to be the pilot of these comparos, however it is the nonchalant nature and mannerisms during the test that has everyone up in arms. Granted, I'm sure I could emulate an F1 driver with concentration and still lap 5 seconds slower than HvS but one would just expect a tad more conviction rather than looking like a victory lap.