RC:

Horst von Saurma has strong ties to Porsche but he has always been an honest person. All Porsche reviews I read from him so far were 100% accurate. He was actually the only journalist to criticize the memory buttons for the electric seat adjustment in the first 997 generation (sporty drivers were hitting the memory buttons with their knee during driving and the seat started moving), which also proved to me that he actually drove the car longer than only ten minutes. 

His claim that the new 991 GT3 is difficult to drive at the limit is also an honest claim because he didn't have to say it, especially considering how close he is to Porsche and their products.

I trust Horst von Saurma and so far, he never disappointed. kiss

Same opinion here! He is definitely a good guy in all senses and I trust his judgement very much.

The reason why i said that he is not a racerdiver is that he is not - and as far as i know never was - a professional racedriver. Of course he has a licence and successfully participates in races as your table shows. But this makes him even more relevant for the SA readers, who are what i call Sportfahrer too!

People who comment on how other professionals could be faster than him do not really understand the rational/methodology behind the SA tests.  It is also difficult grasping the nuances of a Supertest  just by looking at times if you dont understand the language, which allows differentiation. And HvS is quite a master of the written word too... Smiley

--

turbolite