nberry:
Whoopsy:

Haha, not another HvS debate. I still remember 6 years ago we had one for his time on the 997.1 Turbo. 

@Nick. He won't do that, when is the last time you read about someone saying they are inferior to the car?

Just hope that HvS doesn't drive the 918 for the SA test. You may cancel your order assuming you can.Smiley

Nick, Horst von Saurma is really a guy you want to listen to when it comes to cars. Smiley

Anyway: I do not remember him "trashing" the 996 Turbo when it came out but if I'm not wrong, he criticized the too tame and neutral setup. This is actually something I loved on the 996 Turbo and something Porsche destroyed in the next 997 generation. The 997 Turbo almost handled like a 997 Carrera. If I wanted the Carrera, I would have bought one. Smiley With the 991 Turbo/S, Porsche changed the setup again. It is very neutral but if you push it hard, you can still have some typical 911 fun with the tail coming strongly (Sport Plus, PSM off). The emphasis is on "pushing hard". The tail on the 997 Turbo actually came way too early in my opinion and understeer sucked big time. This is the reason why after my first 997 Turbo (afterwards tuned by RUF), I didn't upgrade to the 997.2 Turbo S. I wanted to but the chassis/PTM setup just wasn't for me, so I tried something else (997 Carrera GTS and Panamera Turbo S). Both "experiments" went wrong and costed a lot of money, so I'm back to my "roots" now: 911 Turbo S. Smiley

Back to topic: 7:32 min. is a pretty good time for the new GT3, especially considering the 7:40 time for it's predecessor.

Also remember, there is a GT3 RS coming... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)