nberry:
Whoopsy:

Haha, not another HvS debate. I still remember 6 years ago we had one for his time on the 997.1 Turbo. 

@Nick. He won't do that, when is the last time you read about someone saying they are inferior to the car?

Just hope that HvS doesn't drive the 918 for the SA test. You may cancel your order assuming you can.Smiley

I place little to no attention to what he does in a car.

He trashed the 997.1 Turbo 6 years ago, yet I still purchased and kept mine for 5 years. And I replaced it with basically the same car plus a few tweaks here and there, the 997.2 Turbo S. 

It doesn't matter to me if the LaFerrari and/or the P1 is faster around the Ring, the 918 is and will be the 1st production car on street tires to break 7 mins. No one else can claim that title anymore. I sure don't see the LaFerrari nor the P1 breaking 6 mins. Until the next production car breaking the 6 min mark, there isn't any significant milestone to be had on the Ring anymore, not 6:50, 6:40, 6:30, 6:20, 6:10, these numbers just doesn't have the prestige to be the first one go under a major timing scale, like 7 minutes. Which sounds better? My car is the 1st one to go under 7 mins or my car is the first one to go under 6:57?

On a side note, McLaren is still courting me to buy one the the last 2 Canadian P1 allocation. They let me know if I pass it up they will send the 2 cars to China or Dubai, where they are selling for 2.5 times what I would pay. 

--