Thanks, guys. wink

To answer a couple of the questions:

1. I cannot find my Performance Box (oh boy...wives), I assume my wife threw it away or one of the craftsmen working in our garage a couple of weeks ago took it. yes I had a couple of other gear in the garage (I keep it there because I usually need it once or twice per year), incl. a Hero cam but only the Performance Box seems to be gone. I will look for it next weekend, maybe it is somewhere but I already looked the day before yesterday and it was nowhere to be found. surprise I will get a new one, no doubt about it but since I cannot buy it locally, it may take a week or two until it arrives. Let's just hope the weather will be good enough for some trial runs. If not...next spring. yes

2. The license plate is indeed very short (and special). 

3. The license plate holder is actually the regular one, cut down to fit the shorter license plate. I will get a Swiss license plate holder when I am at my dealer for the winter wheels exchange around November, so it will look better then.

4. I am very happy with the LED lights. At night, the light is amazingly good. I usually put the lights into "P" mode (auto mode), so the lights adapt to traffic. Works quite well.

5. I don't remember my 997 Turbo too well but I remember the 997 Turbo S I drove in comparison a while ago and two things are obvious: Throttle response/turbo lag (excellent throttle response, basically no turbo lag) and sound (the 991 sounds really good over 3000 rpm and even better in the higher rev range over 6000 rpm). Also, the higher rev limiter makes more difference than I thought it would but one really needs to experience this first hand to understand. It is difficult to explain. This may be interesting for 997 Turbo S owners: From 240 kph on, the 991 Turbo S has 1.2 bar boost pressure all the way up and the raised overboost time also seems to make a difference. So far, I haven't noticed that the overboost actually shuts off, even after 20 seconds. indecision

6. I don't think I will paint the wheels in black, I actually think that the silver/black of the Turbo S rims goes very well with the agate grey exterior. I will think about it when I need a tire replacement but so far, I am happy with the silver/black of the OEM rims.

7. I drove with the driver window cracked open (aprox. 20%) most of the time, up to speeds of 150 kph and I haven't noticed any buffeting noise. Even if the sunroof is open, there doesn't seem to be any buffeting noise. In the past, I usually cracked open the co-passenger window to reduce that noise. Speaking of sunroof: I have the glass sunroof and why I think it looks great, the opening is pretty small for a sunroof, which was a surprise. I wish the glass would move further to the back but I guess it has technical reasons it doesn't. yes

Funny: I met a silver Porsche 991 when I took the photos, it was a Weissach test car (LB-XX). When he saw the camera, he stopped far away (I thought he is enjoying the view) and only drove past me when I entered the car. Stupid me, I didn't realize it was a factory test car until the car actually drove by. "Meeting" this Weissach car was a little bit unusual since I was aprox. 300 km away from Stuttgart. I guess Porsche test drivers enjoy nice weather too (it was Sunday, so no reason for being there).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)