moo:
SuzyF:

I have to admit that the car I drove was a very early model, so maybe that isn't a comparison to the 2013 car. It had a lot of rattles in the cabin, stitching that wasn't done well and the alu transition between black and saddle leather was not straight along the dash and big gaos between those panels left from the steering wheel. Those are things i don't like in such an expensive car, but it could have been an occasional flaw of course. The rattles however were very annoying. (i'm almost allergic to rattles in an interior. One of the reasons I never want a sunroof in a 911). The owner of the car got pretty angry at me when I pointed all those things, but I can't help it that I expect much more of a Ferrari than that car showed me.

You get the same service with Porsche (in Germany). However, you have to pay for extension of the official 2-year warranty Smiley

I understand your enthusiasm with the F458. It is great that you don't have any problems with the car. However, all my own Ferraris had massive problems (I am talking about problems that make it impossible to use the car...) plus many, many obvious manufacturing problems. The same applies to all (!) Ferraris of my friends. 

As stated above by another poster already, a Ferrari is an Italian product. Italians build very emotional and beautiful products (in case of a Ferrari you can hear and see it). However, a product from Italy will never be manufactured with the intend to deliver a perfect product... Never. You can also go and visit their production site in Maranello. If you know about manufacturing standards you immediately notice that the plant is not even managed with that objective.

The special culture of the Italian you can understand easily if you travel to Italy and just go to a restaurant (to name a different example). The typical Italians do not focus on perfection or precision so much but on pleasure and fun Smiley Honestly, the Italian culture is lovely Smiley