TomSilver:

This was the reason that I got rid of all those 500+hp cars of my past. It was impossible to floor the right pedal without being a potential criminal. Maybe I have to wait for the 992. It is not that difficult to predict that it will have a smaller turbo engine. Maybe they introduce the downsized engine already with the 991 facelift, but I don't think so. It will be a hard hit for the so called Gusseisernen fraction here in Germany, but I think it's inevitable.  

I love the "note to self".  Smiley

I agree but you can be fast in every car. Yesterday, I had a (tuned?...car was loud, low, etc.) 996 Turbo encounter and this guy really provoked me (he turned around, he followed me...) but I kept it slow, not only because of the break-in. On public roads, I am very careful. This is actually why I love to drive with my son together. When he is with me, I am even less tempted to be too fast. I actually started to enjoy country roads. You don't have to be extremely fast to enjoy driving there. I have my favorite curves, my favorite places and it is a pleasure to drive there. Also, I am looking for challenges, like doing a curve at 80 instead of the previous 60. Of course everything within legal boundaries and I usually choose open country roads with almost no trees because they allow me to have a perfect overview about traffic, etc.. Autobahn? Well, I'm not so much into Autobahn driving anymore. Actually, I am sometimes really afraid to drive too fast because at over 300 kph, your chances to survive an impact are small. I usually drive only fast when there is only very little traffic but this isn't always possible. 

I enjoy driving around Lake Garda a lot and I also enjoy some mountain roads with lots of curves. They are perfect because you don't have to break the law to have fun. Usually the legal speed limit is 100 kph and it is almost impossible to be that fast on those narrow curves.

Bottom line is: You need a Turbo.  Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)