RC:
SuzyF:
TomSilver:

After reading this great report, I think I'm a potential Turbo Cab customer. Unfortunately, my 991S is just two months old! When I ordered it, there was no sign that the Turbo Cab would come so soon. Even my dealer didn't know about it. After the Turbo Cab announcement, I called him a little bit angry and he swore that he was equally surprised as me.

The 991S is really fast on country roads, but for me personally it's no fun driving it on the Autobahn. The PDK is constantly switching between 5th/6th/7th gear, because the engine has not enough torque in the lower rev range. It's not that I need the absolute HP of the Turbo, for me, 400 is just enough. But I miss the low end torque that gives you a more relaxed driving.

Omg, I need a Turbo!

That's exactly the reason why I am considering one (a coupe) now over a C4S. It's just that I like the design of the C4S more. I love the clean lines of the design.SmileySmiley  Big dilemma!!Smiley

--

I'm just another female petrolhead :)

The 991 Turbo is kind of the macho man of the 911 line. I cannot say I like the wing but I surely love everything else about the car. A female petrolhead like you with such a car would certainly attract some attention, no doubt about it but think very well about getting one. This is a beast and you will be tempted. Most of the time. Smiley I won't start to lecture you about required driving skills, bla bla bla but you need to understand what you are getting into, if you choose a Turbo. Restraint is rule number one, especially on public streets. It isn't easy though, I have to admit. Smiley

Yep I know that. It is something to think about. I'm not worried about my driving skills though, but the fact that I'm female and because of that, attract attention in a car like that, does bother me somehow. Also, i think the car really is more of a masculine car than a C4S, so less suited for me.

One thing that is an advantage of the Turbo S, is that I "only" need CHF 27000 options on top of a CHF 270000 car to get the same as with my CHF 90000 on options on top of a CHF 150000 C4S. Most of that are interior and Exclusive options. So the eventual price difference is "only" about CHF 57000, where the base price difference is CHF 120000.

In terms of depreciation that would make a huge difference. Not that it is the most important thing to worry about, but it still counts.

--

I'm just another female petrolhead :)