First, thanks guys. wink

I try to address some of your comments in one post:

1. The PORSCHE and 911 Turbo S badges for the back are already in the works, in black.

2. Not ordering Powersteering Plus, as recommended by a "source" and some of you, was definitely a very good decision. Especially on wet (or snowy for that matter) streets, you want to "feel" the pavement below you.

3. Yes, the AWS may have a lot to do with the very direct and nimble feel of the car but then, I guess, this is why Porsche chose to use it for the 991 Turbo/S.

4. PDK is completely different from 997 PDK. In the 997, there were always moments when you manually shifted and you got the feeling that the gear was released a second later or so. In the 991 Turbo S, similar to the 991 Carrera S Cab I drove recently, the gear change is instantenous and maybe even a little bit faster. Especially on the upshifts.

5. The exhaust "spitting" sound is gone when you disable Sport or Sport Plus mode. To be frank: I don't think a car like the 991 Turbo S needs this spitting sound but if Porsche keeps it, it cannot have the dull tone it has now. It just sounds weird and like I said, as if there is a technical problem. I am pretty sure that I won't be the only customer to complaint about this.

6. The huge torque allows to keep the car in the lower rev range without being slow. My guess is that for additional fun, many of you, especially in speed limited countries, will change gears manually. Now it is actually fun to do that since PDK works quite nicely.

7. If someone would ask me about the reasons to switch from a 997 Turbo S to a 991 Turbo S, I would have two things in mind: Exhaust sound and chassis, maybe a third...PDK. The interior also looks and feels impaccable, not as classy maybe as on a Ferrari or the latest Lamborghini angry but a huge improvement over the 997.

8. The black/Carrera red interior looks really nice but I have to admit that my idea to go with a black exterior and this particular bi-color interior would have been a bad idea. The lighter exterior color (Agate grey) kind of neutralizes a little bit of the strong contrast, which is a very good thing. It seems to fit perfectly, also you can slightly see the red interior from the outside, which gives the slightly dull exterior color an additional touch of sportiness. I see black/Carrera red to go well with a white exterior and agate grey met. but other colors? I would be very careful and I have to admit that I was lucky, I haven't seen this combo before live.

9. I can already imagine how some car journalist would call the 991 Turbo S boring or easy to drive or for everyone (like the guy who handed me the keys on Saturday said) because the 991 Turbo S is really your typical 911 Turbo, just taken a step further into the future. The truth is: The 911 Turbo, especially since the 993 model, is easy to drive if you don't push it hard. Whoever owns or owned a 911 Turbo knows very well that you can drive it like a Mercedes SL without taking a sweat but once you push it hard to the limit, the car suddenly changes it's character and you need to be very careful, especially if you are in Sport Plus mode. I would call the 911 Turbo Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You get both worlds but when Mr. Hyde kicks in, you're in trouble. 

If you have any particular question or if you want me to check out something specific, just do it. Keep in mind that I'm still breaking the car in, even if the German manual doesn't describe a specific break-in period anymore. No launch control, prolonged Vmax driving and track driving for the first 3000 km though. Just to be safe.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)