I shouldn't imagine build quality will be a major issue for the 4C. I've had two Gran Turismos built in the same Maserati factory in Modena and both were faultless. I also had an Alfa MiTo for over a year and had no issues with that car either. Everything worked as it should and it was well put together with no squeaks or rattles. The 4C looks like pretty amazing value for the performance it offers so a less plush cabin is a price worth paying to keep the weight and price down IMHO kiss I didn't care for the production headlight design either but can understand why they went that way on cost grounds. They look a lot better with the carbon fibre surrounds and I've found the more I see videos of the car online the less of an issue they become.

The lack of communication from Alfa is something I've also experienced unfortunately and is an area they really need to improve upon. The latest edition of CAR magazine suggests Alfa may be on course to abandon the smaller front drive cars - MiTo and Giulietta - and concentrate on rear wheel drive (new Giulia and Alfetta saloons) and four wheel drive models (possibly 2 SUV's to compete with the BMW X1 and X3 models) instead in a bid to push the brand upmarket. It's a good strategy but they will need to overhaul their dealer network yet again if they want to be perceived as a premium brand.