SmileyRC:
MKSGR:
JimFlat6:

Suzy, I said the 991 has too much GT car in its heart now and that the M has more sports car than sedan in its heart. The 991 is a actual sports car that needs more motor.

The 991 has a torque deficit, especially at its price. And a Burmeister sound system will not make it quicker on straights on a track over a new M4. Physics is physics!

Have you ever driven an M3, BTW? Your arguments sound like you never did. I hate the M3 (of course, I never drove the new M3/M4). We had one for 3 years. This car was really a poor compromise. Now compare this with the driving pleasure in a 991/991s - two different worlds, really. You cannot even compare the feel behind the wheel of these cars Smiley

Markus, I fully agree with you. We owned a M3 Cab with DKG and it never felt like a sports car. Also had the Coupe as a loaner a couple of times, I liked the C63 AMG Coupe PP I had much more.

The M3 has a reputation in the sports car world but with the introduction of the V8, the car got heavier and less sports car like in my opinion. Hopefully the new M4 will be different but looking at the M5 for example, I doubt it.

Smiley Porsche rules Smiley