Once you drive the car more than an hour or a day, you'll get used to it and start "reading" the information that's coming towards you. No, it is not as good as a hydraulic powersteering and it will never be, but it's by far better than any other electromechanical power steering i've driven. The 981 is better than the 991 carrera. The GT3 and Turbo will be better than the 981.

The problem is that most journalists start about it and everybody that reads those comments begins with a mindset that the steering feeling is bad, which is not true at all. Those journalists only drive the cars for a limited time. Once you start living with a car, you learn how a car really is. 

just get used to the fact that electromechanical power steering is here to stay. Hydraulic systems won't come back in these cars, just like the manual will eventually be gone. 

Those people that are not willing to adapt to newer systems, should go buy an older car...  This also goes for myself. When the time arrives that a 911 gets hybrid technology, it's over for me. i'm not willing to take that step (yet), so I will drive older cars untill the time has come that I can't refuse anymore. Want real good steering feel, get a 997... Simple as that.

--

I'm just another female petrolhead :)