moo:
CGX car nut:
moo:
GTlover:
RC:

We just need to wait for Sport Auto and their Supertest.

Speaking of GT3 sales figures: I heard that demand is high but some customers seem to hold back with their order because there were rumors of a manual option, which in my opinion is very very unlikely. Also some have delayed their car allocation by changing/adding options, like the front lift for example. 

Another problem seems to be that many GT3 owners want to sell their "old" cars first before ordering the new one. My very small Porsche dealership has three used GT3 in their used car portfolio now, guess why? 

I am sorry but I see some sort of a (negative) pattern here: Those (yes, you know who you are) who criticized the new GT3 from the beginnig are trying to find another excuse not to get one...or to make it look bad for whatever reasons. Just check this thread from the beginning and no matter if it is about manual or PCCB, there are always the same people trying to make the new GT3 look bad. We had (and still have that) regarding the 991 Turbo models too, so maybe these people just love to bash certain Porsche products just for the fun of it or they follow a certain agenda.

Not that I really care. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Hi RC,

I agree to most of what you say..but:

1. I dont see any dealer on porsche de - used car locater - that has three 3.8 available...in the US less than 10 are availble..thats nothing.

2. For sure demand is good..no doubt with Pdk - = more potential customer..no surprise or?

3. In the US forum someone posted that manual sales are going up...and BMW reacted already..M5 etc. If this is true, then even you must admit that this is/would be a bad move from Porsche. Porsche has to deliver what is asked by the customer!

4. Criticism on the GT3 991: Im not convinced by it - for me it doesnt even deserve the name GT3 - why? I has no racing pedigree to justify tha name Gt3, no Cup car has e-steering, e-brake, RWS, 9A1 engine etc.

5. My criticism of point 4 does not at all apply to the 991 turbo - Porsche can do with the 991 turbo what they want..Im fine with that - but for me "GT3 MUST HAVE RACING BACKGROUND"..this one doesnt so thats why I will keep my old 997 GT3, GT2s and look for another more "racing" version, either CUP or monoplace. But I may be an extreme customer, I admit..street cars dont provide a thrill anymore..now I need something Smileynew.  Just the other I met somebody like this..we are like brothers..he sold his 458, GT3 etc and bought two racing cars..his daily driver is now a Cayenne diesel..and he is perfectly happy with his new choices..Smiley

the nordschleife and hockenheim lap times speak for quite a racing pedigree, don't they?  

in my view there are three desirable sports (super) cars to be had now: F458, MP4-12C and the GT3 (not taking exotics into account). and yes, i do believe the GT3 is in that league.

peter

A specially prepped car that sets a fast lap time for a lap or two or three is not the same as a racing pedigree of grueling miles on the track when the wheel is turned for anger.  A racing pedigree is established by being fast and, more importantly, reliable, and reliability is negatively correlated with system complexity. 

Few here have ever stated that the new 991 GT3 is not fast and will not set very impressive laps times.  The measure, that some of us apply, is the satisfaction of the driving experience, essentially, does the car deliver an endorphin rush?  For some here, the challenge is of greater satisfaction than achieving an ever faster lap time with myriad driver's aids.  

please make me understand: why won't the 991 GT3 deliver endorphine rushes and driver satisfaction? because of the lack of the third pedal?

well, it won't get close to the F40/F50 experience but things have changed meanwhile. is it good or bad? depends or your point of view.

GT3's have always been road cars though..

peter

If I may answer also..the loss of a third padel is not the whole point..its a puzzle piece but not all. I mentioned before that I might be interested in a CUP or monoplace..these things also mostly have sequantial or paddle shift. I dont mind  at all. But such a car offers more direct feeling in other domains..in fact I believe every car nut should drive once in his life a CUP car, an F40 etc...then we would be able to make our judgements better.

Of course things have changed..I know that..but we are all sometimes like little children...when we see an F40, a Gt2RS, C-GT..our heart beats faster..we want to have that..even if these cars have limited usability. When we (or at least I) see a Bentley Continental..whats going on in our brain? For me..."so what...just another fat useless luxury cruiser"..

I cant be that wrong..prices for these raw supercars are going up..and I dont see the trend reversing. Rather the opposite, the more we get "falsified driving impressions by all kind of gizmos"..the more people will want to know how it really felt in those days.A C-GT is on my list..you can be sure of that .Smiley