SciFrog:

In Germany maybe you can drive fast at times. For the rest of the world, 0-70mph and 40-80mph is all that matters. You can get in real trouble for going over 80mph around here. In that exercise, the 991 TTS is a total overkill. Maserati are good enough, they procure other nice sensations (sound, exoticism). Even if the TTS was half the price of the California I wouldn't buy it. Same is to be said for the Panamera. It feels so sterile to drive...

If I would live in speed limited US, quite frankly, I would either own a Bentley Continental GT Cab or a Corvette/Shelby Cobra GT500 Convertible, something like that. Either something luxurious or something loud and flashy. Smiley

I do not get getting a Maserati though, they just don't feel right in my opinion. I would rather prefer a Ferrari California (which is basically a re-branded Maserati development but this is a long story...) or an Aston Martin Vantage V12 Roadster.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)