KF:

Believe me. The actual model range is competitive. The new design and models brought a lot of new prospects and customers to the dealerships. Most of them drove Porsche and were bored, that everyone drives one. All the guys told me, Porsche is losing its soul. Of course technically brilliant cars, but too perfect and too expensive in their opinion. 

€ 200k for a 991 TTS? Sorry, why? For what? It is not a Ferrari or Lamborghini? 170k would be a good deal.

€ 150k for a new GT3? It's too much. My old GT3 cost in year 2000 only € 100k and the 996 RS only € 128k. These cars were worth their money. Can anyone explain me, why i should pay now for a normal GT3 so much more?

The RS is driven now by an excellent driver and takes less than 1.57 min in Hockenheim. A new GT3 isn't really faster! 

Because I eat every other so called super sports car for breakfast most of the time? Smiley If not on the Autobahn, on the track and country roads.

Speaking of the Maserati Stradale MC: A regular 991 Carrera S, nothing really fancy, outruns the "sport model" from Maserati on the track and on straight line. Where is the value in that? Smiley Another point is that many people in Germany associate a Maserati with Ferrari and/or with money, while a 911 is still considered something more common. This is something I appreciate, not something I actually despise.

If Maserati would offer a car for the same price of Porsche and it would be faster (both straight line and track), I would re-consider. Right now, one of the brands which do not attract me at all is...Maserati. Aston Martin is a different story, the new Vantage V12 S would be interesting but for more money than the fantastic 991 Turbo S? Are you kidding me? No thanks.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)