reginos:

Is the Turbo S a competitor for these cars? I never thought so. Why do people insist to still do these comparisons? The price is much lower and also the purpose of owning a Turbo compare to a so-called exotic. 

In my mind the Turbo S competitors are the R8 V10 and the SLS and maybe something else that doesn't come to my mind.

Porsche will take on the 458, 12C, new Callardo with the 960, if it materiazes. If someone buys a Turbo S instead of these cars because it is a cheaper option then this person will be very sad and disappointed. If someone buys a Turbo S for the purpose it exists  and as a deliberate decision, then this person will be very happy (and who knows, sometimes he may even outperform the others on the right road and under the right weather conditions).

The problem is the price tag. Now even more than ever. So yes, the 991 Turbo S is a direct competitor in a way or another. I would just wait for the real life test results. Remember the R8 V10 Plus? So much praise for this car and real life performance is even below (0-100 kph) and at par (0-200 kph) with the Panamera Turbo S. Smiley Keep in mind that the R8 is 400(!!!) kg lighter than the Panamera. On the Nordschleife, the R8 was only 7 seconds faster than the Panamera and the R8 had UHP tires. Embarrassing. 

Of course the next generation is faster, no doubt about it but the 911 Turbo S (997) put the benchmark pretty high and it is going to be tough to beat the new 991 Turbo S, especially on the track or from 0-100 kph (real life figures of under 3 seconds have been achieved during testing).

Also, according to rumors, there has been a comparison meeting within the VW Group where the new 991 Turbo S has been compared to the all new R8 and all new Cabrera. Apparently the 991 Turbo S scored the most points, which of course included also comfort, fuel efficiency and daily driver capabilities. Only thing the 991 Turbo S apparently failed was the interior look and feel, which apparently needs an overhaul.

I understand Kreso's position: He just wants a sportscar with maximum performance  for 200k EUR, he doesn't care about daily driver capabilities, bad weather capabilities or whatever. I would go for a used MP4-12C then.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)