Quote:
rhino said:
So you drive it if borrowed but not if given...nice
I tried to test drive a ZO6 last week but the dealership was charging 10grand over sticker and they would only let me drive it if I bought it, and said I could return it if I didnt like. Talk about a hussler. In all honesty I liked a red one they had. They also had a black and a yellow one. The reds interior wasnt that bad, but when I looked towards the rear to check out the visibilty I noticed the crappy finish of the rug in the Hatch. I still might have bought the red one knowing how fast they are but not for 10grand over sticker.

Did you ever think that the reason we swopped cars was because my buddy wanted to drive the new Z??? As I said before, I have owned and driven P-Cars. I just don't like them. So be it. And when the 997TT hits the dealers, if you think they will be selling at sticker, you must be dreaming. When the 996TT first came out, dealers were getting 30K over here in LA. It's the law of supply and demand. I would pay 10k over for a new Z06 in a heartbeat!
(I did pay 5K over...I got lucky!). 10K over is 80K, and look what 80K gets you in comparison to what a new 997TT will sticker for. Yes, the carpet may be a bit nicer in the 997TT, but I can live without the nicer carpet in exchange for all the Z has to offer over the 997TT. And as far as the test drive goes, there will only be 6000-7000 Z06's built per year...they are very much in demand...the last thing I want is to buy one that some dude drove on a test drive. I was lucky enough to test drive one frm a dealer (not the one I bought), so I can speak first hand about how cars are test driven!!!