Many, many congrats itsme Smiley - schwarzgrau is a perfect colour for the 981: IMHO this colour looks much sportier than the regular greys and also should show the lines of the car better. Can't wait to see this beauty at the Ring where we could do a nice white & grey duet Smiley

I fully agree with your observations: I'd swap the 7th gear (in Sport Mode) for start/stop & sailing in a heartbeat.

I also can confirm the excellent fuel efficiency (in the city the tank lasts 100km more compared to our 987S MKI manual).

On a recent long distance trip on the Autobahn while rather pushing it (average speed on the 550 km was 140 km/h despite a lot of crowded sections and sections with speed limits) the care ate 12.2 l/100 km - very nice. Though on the track fuel consumption ended up in GT3 territory and even beyond.. Smiley The DFI engines obviously are very efficient at partial load but very thirsty at full throttle. Yet another similarity to the Diesel Engines just as with the black grime emitted from the exhaust pipe Smiley Luckily performance and sound (especially with the fantastic PSE Smiley) do wipe away any further dark thoughts about Rudolf Diesel Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 981S white/black/red, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black