SciFrog:

Sorry RC but the V8 turbo in the Cayenne isn't much better than the V6 in the Macan turbo. They are both very flat, linear and boring engine compared to n/a engines you can find in cars like the R8. Personally I don't find the V6 sounding much worse from outside. Inside the sound is quite low though, but I suspect it is the same in the new Cayennes anyway.

Have you driven the V8 in the facelift? In my opinion, it is a great engine and it sounds like a...V8. Not very loud but nice. The V6 Biturbo is just a lackluster in my opinion but like I said, you seem to love the Macan Turbo, so please enjoy it and don't let my opinion spoil your fun.  Smiley

The PDK in the Macan makes the driving experience better at least compared to the older slush boxes. Combined with a much lower weight, lower center of gravity, it makes the Macan more fun. Like you said the Macan turbo is fast enough (could always use more hp of course) and 35% cheaper than a Cayenne TTS. Unless you need more space, it is a no brainer. With 40-50 more hp and a somewhat tighter chassis, it would be an even bigger problem for the Panamera and for the Cayenne.

The Macan Turbo just doesn't feel like a Porsche, this is my biggest complain. It feels and sounds very generic. Is it the sportiest SUV on the market? Very likely but I still prefer a Cayenne Turbo with PDCC. The Cayenne offers a certain drive feel and solidity, it is difficult to explain. The Macan Turbo feels more nimble but so does an Audi Q5 as well. SmileyDrive the RSQ3 Performance, like I suggested before (not sure if available in the US) and this small SUV feels sportier than the Macan Turbo. No surprise here, it is much lighter (and a tiny bit smaller).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)