Dario:

We will see how wrong i am. Sport Auto will show us exactly the Top speed on Döttingerhöhe and we know the Speed of the Old 997 turbo s.

where did i mention the 991 turbo, spoke about 991 turbo s with 32 secs

The only source who could tell you better than mine would be...god. I doubt that you spoke to him. Smiley

There are no official test results from the Nordschleife, so whatever you have been told or shown, this is probably stuff somebody (third party, competition, etc.) picked up from 991 Turbo S testdrives on the Nordschleife. The only number Porsche made official was the 7:27 min for the Turbo S on street tires (PZero).

I heard that some competitors seem to make false claims about the new 991 Turbo S when they talk to customers, also I heard that some sales persons were in Portugal for the Panamera facelift presentation and that they claim that they drove the 991 Turbo S and weren't too impressed. Truth is: There was a 991 Turbo S in Portugal but Porsche offered only passenger rides, people were NOT permitted to drive themselves, this is maybe the reason some were p.ss.d and made false claims. Just saying... There was also a press driving event a short while ago on an airfield, SAME THING...ONLY passenger rides offered. Just to be clear.

I mentioned the Turbo because even the Turbo does 0-300 kph under 36 (35.x) seconds, the Turbo S under 30 seconds (29.x). Best time the Turbo S achieved from 0-200 kph was 9.7 seconds. Best time from 0-100 kph was 2.9 seconds.

3.1 seconds and 10.3 seconds (0-100/0-200 kph, official claim) will be achieved always, under all driving conditions.

Sport Auto has not tested the 991 Turbo S yet, Christian Gebhardt just joined a development invitation to South Africa where Porsche had a couple of mules for testing. A Supertest will come but not before August or September, very likely later. Maybe Kreso knows more... Smiley

You are comparing the 997 Turbo S numbers with the current 991 Turbo/Turbo S. The new Turbo/Turbo S has a completely new AWD system (PTM), this is the next generation, not just an improved Carrera 4 version. Also PDK shifting time has been improved a lot, which already makes a huge difference in performance. Also, according to what I heard, the whole package seems to work pretty well, which is also quite surprising, according to my source "better than expected".

Of course I can only tell you what I've been told (and shown) but to make it short: It was quite impressive. If the car does what I've seen and if real life performance is 0-100 kph at or under 3 seconds flat, 0-200 kph at or slightly under 10 seconds, I am very happy. On the track, most cars (and drivers) won't have a chance vs. the new Turbo S because even if it may not be the fastest (take the GT2 RS for example or the GT3 on UHP tires), if you take the same skilled driver and put him in these three cars, he will always be the fastest in the Turbo S. The new Sport Plus mode and even PSM off setup is really amazing, very amateur-friendly and quite enjoyable. The new reax axle steering is out of this world, if you ever have driven the old 997 Turbo S, the new one just has no understeer at all and when you enter the curve, the rear slides a little bit and pushes you through the curve. The steering is razor sharp (almost race car like), it leads you exactly where you want the car to go, pretty amazing.

To make it short: Wait for the press reviews and I have a feeling that Chris Harris will get one of the first Turbo S for a nice video shoot. Smiley

Speaking of your 991 Turbo vs. Turbo S comparison (35.x seconds vs. 29.x seconds), the 6 seconds gap. Your forget a couple of things here: 1. The Turbo S engine revs up to 7200 rpm (for a purpose, it helps to optimize the "shifting gap") and 2. The Turbo has a different boost mapping at speeds over 200 kph (the air blades on the Turbo S push more air, so the "proportional" boost is higher). Also I don't know if the 35.x seconds claim was with or without Sport Chrono active, keep that in mind too.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)