KresoF1:

According to his direct words about Boxster GTS suggestions/predictions about 991 GT3 RS:

-no

-not possible

-not at all

So, read between the lines.Smiley

BTW, other remark that my P source made:"Most car press members that are complaining about PDK only in GT3 are from English language based magazines(read UK and USA). For example in Italy nobody in interested in good old stick gearbox for true sportscars. Interesting is the claim that only real men can drive manual??"

Smiley I think it has something to do with the "perception" of a manual gearbox in the US. In Germany (and most of Europe for that matter), people learn to drive...stick and they usually drive stick (manual) because cars with manual are cheaper, more affordable. In the US, most cars have an automatic transmission, so those who know how to drive stick actually feel special. Some would say "manly" or whatever. Smiley I get it, it is somehow special if 90% of the people around you probably don't know how to do it but this mentality doesn't seem to consider the fact that manual in professional racing sport has died a long time ago and in the remaining classes, it dies a slow death too.

So if someone claims he drives manual because he enjoys it, I get it. I truly do. However, if someone tells me that he is a serious and ambitious sports car driver, especially on the track, I do not get manual at all. It makes you slower. Smiley That said, I really think you are right, it seems to be a mentality thing. Also, it seems that in Germany, there are people who want manual too but considering those I met so far, they usually own older sports cars and of course you always love and sustain the stuff you have, right? Smiley

Give it time: As soon as less talented drivers achieve in their 991 GT3 PDK the same or even better lap times than more talented drivers in their older cars, the mentality will change and shift towards PDK. It is just a matter of time...

I remember a 996 GT3 driver who was surprised how fast a guy in his 991 Carrera S with PDK was during a driver ed event. He had a couple of years track experience, the 991 driver only a couple of months and the times were identical, which upset the GT3 driver a lot.  Of course the 991 is the more modern car and the 996 GT3 isn't exactly a highlight of the GT3 family but still, you get my point.

As to the Cabrera and R8: I heard a rumor that there was some sort of comparison event for a certain group of people with the new Cabrera, R8, 991 Turbo S and other sports cars. According to what I heard, the 991 Turbo S won the most "points" in the comparison, which apparently didn't refer only to performance but also daily driver capabilities, etc.. Still...pretty impressive.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)