I didn't say it is impossible from a technical point of view. Maybe I should give you a last hint and then I really shut up: A certain project has a cost limit. The engineers cannot just go there and do what they want and in the end, the product is ready and then they put a price tag on it. The price tag "happens" before the car is developed (with minor adjustments along the way but...). angry So if Porsche does a RS with manual gearbox, electronic diff. and rear axle steering (or not) and it will be faster than the GT3 on the track or on the street, then expect a price tag beyond good and evil. I just doubt it.

We will see what happens but Porsche cannot put a GT3 RS on the market which is slower than the GT3. This ain't going to happen.

Also, think logical: If Preuniger said that the GT3 RS is WOW and he really got angry when people criticized the new PDK on the GT3 and he put his heart's blood in it, guess what?! Smiley Everything he said would be rendered pointless if the GT3 RS gets manual only. If it gets PDK and manual, the manual version will be slower and it will lack one or two features. Now the question is: Who would buy this car?! The production numbers for the GT3 RS are too low in my opinion to justify both options. Unless of course the new GT3 RS costs over 200k EUR, then it may be doable.

Even if Porsche gives the RS car over 510 or 520 hp, without PDK, it stands no chance vs. the GT3. From the weight point of view, I doubt that the RS will be much lighter than the GT3. The wider rear from the Turbo and that huge rear wing actually add weight.
Honestly, I don't have a clue about the technical specs of the GT3 RS, I just heard some rumors I cannot share for a reason but everything I heard so far indicates a faster, more powerful and much cooler looking version of the current GT3 with a highlight in the cooling and/or aerodynamics department.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)