Boxster Coupe GTS:

It may be surprising to discover that the 991 GT3 RS with the optional manual gearbox will certainly be faster than the 991 GT3 with PDK. The comments about the rear axle steering and electronic differential are just a "red herring" they have been peddling to the press -- the engineers in Weissach understand well how the 991 chassis will move the game on for the 991 GT3 RS.

The rear axle steering is not just a marketing ploy. I haven't driven the 991 GT3 yet but I can tell you from the 991 Turbo S that the rear axle steering does an amazing job and I cannot see, at all, how the Porsche engineers would compensate for the lack of PDK and the rear axle steering with a better chassis and more power only. This is impossible and if it would be possible, Porsche would actually loose credibility after making so much fuss about the rear axle steering and PDK, incl. the new electr. diff. on the GT3. Not going to happen.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)