wedouglas:

Now, I was probably never going to buy one in the first place, but I remember when the concept debuted I thought it was amazing. Now I've lost a lot of interest. I don't think I'm the only one and I'm sure there are a lot of potential buyers who have also experienced a degree of waning interest in the car. Even with special cars like this, interest fades over time.

I didn't order one but I think you are wrong. I know that Porsche cares a lot about 918 customers and they try to bring these customers closer to the 918 by offering special visits to learn about 918 development and other "goodies". I cannot go into details (those who ordered a 918 know probably what I am talking about) but I do not think that those who ordered a 918 really regret it. I can see however a problem with those who wanted a 918 but didn't order one yet for whatever reasons. I think they make a huge mistake, the 918 will be amazing and this car looks absolutely stunning when seen on the street.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)