boytronic:
Ziggy:
MKW:
My point is, whithin 5-10 years of Porsche phasing out all manual transmissions, and with a new generation of drivers , many not yet old enough right now to even drive,  who will  only know clutches as something ancient used by their grey haired dads and uncles, this MT phase out discussion will be long forgotten.

Totally agree.  The whole PDK vs. manual debate is mostly defined by generation change.  The majority of current generation of drivers favor PDK, and this majority will become virtually the monopoly with the next generations, since they will not have experienced the pleasure of MT. This, factored in with the undeniable technical advantages of PDK, makes its advent and the demise of MT inevitable.

I am from a generation who mostly think "heel and toe" refers only to body parts... Most of this generation and those after it will never know what it is like to enjoy driving like this:

http://youtu.be/8By2AEsGAhU

That masterful pedal box action video is probably as boring  to a current new 16 y/o driver as was watching  double clutch shifting on a non -synchromeshed  manual gear box was to me as a youngster in the 1960s- something long departed  " old guys" with first gen British sports cars relished as a way to really feel at one with a car on a winding road. 

I LOVE manual boxes but am perfectly fine with  their coming extinction- as technology and new generations of people  move ahead . ( Heck, I remember just the 1980s when REAL sports cars like 911, Ferrari and Lambo had NO power steering and a test of manliness was parallel parking without inducing a hernia !)