NelsonF:

It seems the same dynamics/differences were at play with GT 3 and the turbo in the previous generation 996 and 997. Both offered such different and unique driving dynamics that I always missed in the other- won't bother rehasing the key differences as they are all well known. I went from Turbo to GT3 to GT2 to GT3RS because I missed the feel of the previous. Granted these cars were all manual tranny cars but I don't think the new PDK in the 991 variants will change the dynamic differences. Obviously, I have not experienced the 991 versions but look forward to it and don't expect to be too surprised relative to difference from my 996 and 997 experiences with these cars. My point is that ideally one should have both cars if possible in order to have the benefit of both. True, if I had to choose only one mostly for DD use, the Turbo/S would be the most practical and I don't need the autobahn capability in my part of the world. However, practical is not always my driving motivation for owning sports cars. Perhaps that is Porsche's plan. It seems to work on me.

Smiley If I had the money, I would have a 991 Turbo S, a 991 GT3 (maybe even the RS variant) and a 991 Carrera 4S Cab with PDK and Powerkit  in my garage. All three cars would be unique in my opinion, completely different drive feel for completely different occasions.

Of course the 991 Turbo S Cab could be an interesting alternative to all three but I still think that the GT3 is too special in it's own, fascinating, way to be compared to the Turbo S.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)