ag23:

I have seen the YouTube videos of both cars many times, ando you have to admit that the sound of the normally aspirated car sounds sexier!!!Smiley  The turbo might be faster but it does not sound better!!!Smiley  Admit it RC, you know you want one (GT3)...

There is a YouTube video of a DRIVING 991 Turbo production series car? Where? Smiley

My point is: We are discussing a pretty hypothetical car here since we don't have any viable videos of the final product. With the GT3, things look quite differently but also keep in mind that the cars Chris Harris and other journalists tested were engineering mules so far. Do you have any guarantee that the final product will sound exactly like that? Smiley

Same goes to the 991 Turbo S: The only somehow "usable" video is the one where you have 2-3 seconds of 991 Turbo sound. The mule videos from the Nordschleife are worthless since the cars there were...mules.

Bottom line is: One thing we know for sure. The 991 Turbo S will outrun the GT3 anytime and...everywhere. The Porsche time for the GT3 on the Nordschleife is 7:25 min (after 7:27...which was the same as the Turbo, so they tried again with Timo Kluck Smiley). Now here's the catch: The GT3 was on semi-slicks, the 991 Turbo S on street tires. Now guess what would happen if they would test the 991 Turbo S with semi-slicks. You could easily shave off 3-5 seconds from that 7:27 time, beating the GT3 by a substantial margin.

To make my point: We can argue all day long about the Turbo and the GT3. The GT3 is a car for those who want to have some track fun too and it is also cheaper. The 991 Turbo S is kind of a do-it-all Porsche, fast on the street and on the track and it can easily be driven in rain and snow too. Of course the Turbo S is also more expensive.

Like I said many times (and others too) before: Two different cars for different people. If you think you are going to be happy with a GT3 in a larger city as a daily driver, you will be disappointed though. Any GT-R pilot will "kill" you from a stop light and you always have to pay attention when you enter a parking lot/parking garage/etc.. If you don't care, the GT3 will be just fine. Smiley

Yes, I considered the GT3 and of course I am still thinking about this car, it is a wonderful product but in the end, I decided what is right for me and this is the 991 Turbo S. The only thing I really regret is not waiting for the Cab next summer but on the other hand, I wouldn't trust my wife with such a powerful car, so maybe it is better I went for the Coupe instead. I do not regret not getting the GT3 because it simply isn't the right car for me

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)