All supply and demand.  IMO those bored with PDK will be a minority of MT guys who decided to 'give it a shot'.  Based on what we've seen online, a lot of the traditionalists will sit this one out and pray for the MT to return in some form in a GT car.  I think that folks willing to part with $150k when not fully bought into the concept will be the minority.

And, given the sheer scope of capabilities of the GT as a street car the market appeal is much wider.  Recall there are only a handful of reviews so far, none of them in depth.  Once comparo's are done against the GT3 competitors, it will get much wider attention by the sports car market and, for most, far too late to get on a list.  They will be forced to turn to cars.com.

Nick I think your view of this car has been jaded by all the internet chatter.

It will be a brilliant car and demand for used GT3's through 2014 will be healthy.  Remember, so few cars coming to the US by this time next year.  Locally, there will only be two delivered in my area with a population of 1.25 million folks and a wait list 2x longer than initial allocations.

But like mostly all cars, they will depreciate.  I just do not think we'll see substantial depreciation in the used market during the first year due to such limited supply.

--

991 GT3 incoming, 964 Turbo 3.6, E36 M3 ltw S54 conversion, bunch of other stuff