nberry:

The original reports on the 991GT3 were that the car could exceed rev limits. I found it puzzling that would allow that and the reason for me highlighting the remark.

I think that was an issue of poor English translation by AP.  Practically every car I've owned came equipped with a fuel/ignition cuttoff at redline to protect the engine.  It would be insanity by any sports car manufacturer to remove the rev limiter.

nberry:

FWIW, I am having serious reservations buying this car because of the time delay in getting it. I have second quarter 2014 allocation which means I probably will get the car a year from now if not later. Hell, I could buy a used one before then and at less than MSRP. Also, they may announce an updated version by then. Waiting a year for a car already in production is stupid.

Certainly understand but based on the number of cars coming into the US Q4 and Q1, I highly doubt you'll get a used one below MSRP.  I was number 2 on the list for the 997 GT3.  I sold it after 6 months at MSRP, and I could haven't gotten 5k above but it was a quick sale to a local guy.

--

991 GT3 incoming, 964 Turbo 3.6, E36 M3 ltw S54 conversion, bunch of other stuff