nberry:

The LaFerrari is sold out. Rumors that if someone wanted one they could get one are just that RUMORS. Regarding flipping the car, I believe Ferrari requires the owner to first offer it to Ferrari before selling it on the open market. There is a formula for the price back to Ferrari.

Well, I was never a Ferrari customer ever yet seems like they got word I had ordered a 918 AND had a hold of a P1, so I got a phone call about do I want a LaFerrari. For some reason they managed to get a hold of my number. And apart from members here, no one else even knew I had a hold on both. Heck, not even my wife knew. I never disclosed to Porsche that I had a hold on a P1 and I never told McLaren I had ordered a 918. That info had to be from someone here. With that phone call I know the LaFerrari is NOT sold out.

One of my Ferrari owning friends told me about the 'rumor' of a few people backing off their deposits. 

The Ferrari policy of selling back to the factory just proved my point, they charged enough to cover the initial 'flip' price.  They'd rather book that part as their profit instead of as a reward for the initial buyers.