With Sport Chrono switched on PSM rarely intervenes except if you are having 'fun'. If you are having 'fun' most of the time then surely the place to do it is the track or deserted roads?

IMHO it's hard to use the car daily and have 'fun' except on the occasional empty roundabout or if you are lucky enough to find an empty road that you know. I have had the light flashing at me when the car has understeered or stepped out significantly and it has generally been when I made an error and didn't judge the road conditions correctly.
On my bike I would have been on my backside or through a hedge.

Switching PSM off in sport mode would appear to be pointless to me unless you are having 'fun' in a safe place.

I don't agree that it's a waste of time or a 'piece of junk'. It's a valuable safety net for those who get it wrong or when the unexpected happens. The next time one of you are on a downhill off-camber bend and have to stop for an animal/tractor/person on the wrong side, tell me then you weren't pleased to have PSM.

There are obviously some heros out there who don't make mistakes and don't need safety nets. Me, I make mistakes occasionally and when I met a tractor in the dark on a downhill slippery bend last month, I was glad for all the help I could get, PSM included.

You may say I was travelling too fast if I needed PSM. Well I stopped safely and didn't hit anything, with some PSM/ABS help. Probably I was going a bit too fast for the conditions. But I was tired and in a hurry to get home. Most of us have those feelings and when we do that's when PSM is a handy safety net.