sorry - no vodka for me but was jet lag after 15 hour flight and agree that I did not fully make the point I wanted to.  The point I wanted to make is that the only entity (person) who should car about the speed of a specific brand is the manufacturer who is marketing a car.  For the consumer, we choose a car and we choose the options of that car.  Once we make that choice, our motivation to drive faster (lap times) should be relative to what we can make that car do.  It does not make sense to me to argue that one option is faster than another option.  This is because there is (usually) always a faster car, so one can argue that the person who always wants to go faster (based on different options) should just buy a faster car all together.  At 7:18 on the ring, that would have lots of us driving GT-Rs.  That is not the car I want to be in.  

So my point, based on the string of posts on this topic is that any argument of PDK vs. Manual being faster appears irrelevant to me (and there have been plenty of these posts over the past 80 pages) as one can virtually always get a faster car (thankfully the fastest car on the Ring  to date is still a Porsche).