Rossi:
nberry:

Why do you think Porsche opted to introduce both models at the same time? Could it be they wanted to gage the market as to which model attracted more customers and why? I don't believe 997TT owners decided to move up to the 997TTS. THat market segment involved a different buyer quite possibly Ferrari  McLaren and Lambo buyers.

Now with both models offered at the same time Porsche will get some idea which model attracts the largest buyer segment. More power with bells and whistles or a basic no nonsense TT?

I bet the S will outsell the standard Turbo by far! 9 out of 10 buyers will opt for the Turbo S.

For me, this would make sense but my dealer for example has three Turbo orders but only one Turbo S order (me). I also followed a discussion on a German car forum where some of the people interested in ordering one, opted for the Turbo because they didn't want PCCB. I also think that these people still have a tuning of their Turbo in mind, which is going to be pretty difficult (if done properly).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)