Whoopsy:
Those people kind of living in the past and watched technology blew past them and they are unable to catch up. I still heard people saying they like carb better because it can be easily tuned, the joy of 'tuning' carb is part of the fun, those same people also say they like manual too. Go figures.

People often prefer older technology at the time of new tech being released, because the old tech is plainly better (until the new tech matures). 

For instance, carbs were MUCH better on Porsches and Ferraris than the CIS fuel injection that followed.  If you look at a 911 or 308 GTB or 512BB, the early electronic fuel injection robbed lots of horsepower and throttle response.  I certainly have no fondness for the tuning - just the performance (however, my personal preference is for the Bosch Mechanical Fuel Injection which was far better than either carbs or CIS injection, last used in 1973).

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550