Budster:

Given that I've been a bit critical of the so called insider tips we get from time to time, I thought it only right to check whether I was wrong as I'd be the first person to apologise, so I've checked RC's "rumours", you know, the ones that sometimes come with one of those knowing little winks   :

1. "Power would be 530-560" - it's 520-560   Wrong

2. Acceleration would be below 3.0 secs - it's 3.1  Wrong

3. Power gap TT to TTS would be wider that 997 - its the same (30kW) - Wrong

4. TTS Vmax would be 320 - it's 318   Wrong

5. Acceleration 0-200 would be below 10s (and real life 9.5sec) - it's 10.3 Wrong

6. TTS will be Carrera GT performance, even 0-300 - no, it missed the 0-200 where it's 0.4sec slower - Wrong

7. LED lights would be standard. - RIGHT!!!

RC - 1/7 isn't too hot, but you ARE THE MAN when it comes to headlights! wink

I think I said many times that I cannot post the precise numbers when and if I get ahold of them because I do not know if these numbers have been issued to certain persons only to find out who is leaking information. By posting the examples, you actually proved what I always do...posting "almost" numbers. Smiley I do not want to put anybody in trouble who is trying to be nice with me. For me, this is a hobby. For others, this is their job and their (financial) future.

I explained this over and over again but apparently... Smiley I am not a car journalist who earns his money with information and who may not care about exposing a source to get his headline. Look at the press embargo breaches from time to time, Porsche is not pleased about that.

A last word regarding the performance numbers: Wait until you see the first real world testing. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (ordered), BMW X3 35d (2013)