Quote:
01Box06Z06 said:
I own a Boxster and a Z06. They are COMPLETELY different drives. Both are very fun, but in very different ways. The Boxster is more engaging at slower speeds. You get more feedback going slower than in the Z06. When pushed, the Z06 really comes alive and is fantastic.

My Turbo always feels like a truck in around town driving the day I get it back after driving a " sprightly " but still heavy Boxster S service loaner for a day or two ! That's why I'm constantly tempted to get something LIGHT like a Lotus Exige also , but I worry I won't enjoy the Turbo anymore , as straightline acceleration for cars in the 500-600 hp class is so massive ( and dangerous on roadways ) that I find I use WOT far less on it than all the other cars I own. These cars are becoming a new class : you've had " Garage Queens " forever , now we have " Road Queens " cars that can only be wrung out fully at " Do Not Pass GO - Go Directly To Jail " speeds well over 120 + mph on public roads AND with speed potential that could NEVER be reached on a typical amateur event racetrack with it's curves /turns ! Heck, manufacturers have to rent places and spend days preparing at places like the 20 mile long maufacturers' test ovals like VW's or the one in Ohio just to find out what the top speed they can advertise on their cars in their sales brochures !