Carlos from Spain:
GT3ZZZ:
Carlos from Spain:
GT3ZZZ:
frayed:

I liked his answers.  Not that I had serious reservations about the new metal, but the manual issue integrated with the ediff makes sense.

So if the manual devotees hate the new car and there is a notable sales opportunity for a slower GT3 with a manual and an inferior diff, then it sounds like porsche will build it.

Based on what I've read on this forum, it seems this would be primarily a US spec car as the Europeans and perhas all ROW are more comfortable with the concept of PDK.  Maybe they can build the car with a special logo or something with the American flag, or something more clever. . . can't think right now.

+1. No-one in Europe gives a stuff for the manual apart from a very very small number of geeks. Most small/mid size cars that 'normals' drive are manual.

Don't know what planet you live on but this weekend I was with 30 Porsches having fun on mountain roads that were used by the Group B rally beasts in the 80's championships and most were manuals by choice and none of them  "geeks" precisely, one of them a spanish rallye champion who no long ago won the spanish champisonhip on a GT3.

--

I dont think you get it. They are running a multi $$bn business not an enthusiasts club. They are out to sell new cars. You are not a commercial opportunity because there aren't enough of you. Designing a car around you guys would be complete financial suicide. Ferrari realised this already and Lambo, Mclaren and others are there too.

If you bother to read the whole thread then you would know that was said that a while back already... by me Smiley

But that and saying that no one "in Europe" cares about manuals except a few "geeks" is a different story, its not "no one" and its not "geeks" 1325269639981rolleyes.gif If that is how it is were you live then I'm sorry for you, but don't generalise to "Europe".

Only a few years ago, the Europeans always mocked the Americans for wanting automatic transmissions and not manuals.  My, how have the times changed.