Whoopsy:
RC:

I forgot to mention: With the new 991 Turbo and Turbo S showing up, the prices for used 997 Turbo/S will surely take a hit, even if not a big one (considering the not so huge performance differences and the much higher prices for the new 991 models).

So maybe a used 997 Turbo S would be the better deal. I am seriously thinking about it. There are already some interesting cars available around 120k EUR, including some Cabs, so why not? Yes, the new 991 Turbo S is much faster around the track but the real world performance difference should be minimal, especially when driving on public roads, including the Autobahn. Cars offered by official Porsche dealerships also have a warranty, which can be even renewed after each year. I am seriously considering that as an alternative option.

-Do you like the new interior and really want it?

-Do you miss not seeing the engine when you open the cover?

-Do you want the incremental improvement in performance from 991 Turbo S over the 997 Turbo S on the highway acceleration?

-Can you live with the more aggressive and eye catching styling of the new 991 Turbo/S?

-Can you afford to pay the extra cost for a 991 Turbo S vs the saving of getting a 997 Turbo S?

-

The big question is can you face the $125K in depreciation over 5years?  SmileyPLUS it is a fugly car.Smiley  I'm loving my 07 Mezger Manual 6-speed Turbo more and more! Smiley (Also hate the new 991 center console and electric parking brake!Smiley)  There is so much electronic stuff that can go wrong that after the warranty runs out the value will be next to nil due to repair costs - ala Porsche 928!  All that tech stuff bites you in the wallet when it breaks.