pxaxh:

RC, McLaren did an engine mapping rework and were able to extract more than 25PS for the "updated" 12C, and that's not even a face-lift.
This is a new GENERATION Turbo! what's with this small incremental power bumps?
the updated 12C can sprint from 0-200 in 8.8 (!) seconds only and there's not much difference in price between them!
I know it's a great car and everything and I don't think they did enough in the performance department to keep up with the competition, especially the 12C.

The 12C did 0-200 kph in 9.8 seconds (Sport Auto Supertest) and the Nordschleife in 7:28 min (which the 991 Turbo S will beat Smiley but not by much). The 12C is almost worthless in winter time and it lacks the two back seats. So in reality, the 12C is no real competitor of the 991 Turbo S, especially since I have tons of Porsche dealers around Germany and many other countries too but I have to drive quite a distance to find a competent McLaren repair shop.

I never considered getting a McLaren but I guess I am biased. Smiley

Speaking of power: Porsche needs to keep something for the facelift, right? Smiley I also think that real life performance of the Turbo S will be better than the numbers at hand. I heard something of 2.7 seconds from 0-100 kph and 9.5 seconds from 0-200 kph. This is an amazing performance for a car you can drive each and every day, including winter time, so I wouldn't complaint. If someone wants more, well...faster models will come, not necessarily in the 911 range only. Smiley Porsche cannot offer a 991 Turbo S as fast as the 918, this would be suicide...for the 918.

I also would like to mention that the 991 Turbo S fulfills the EURO 6 requirements (emissions), which is very important for a manufacturer like Porsche. Keep in mind that legal restrictions imposed on car manufacturers regarding CO2 output are not something Porsche can ignore. Especially not on very powerful cars.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4